We take people and culture seriously. We are only as good as the people we employ, so we work hard to create an environment that is both enriching and a happy place to be.
As a collective of artists and researchers we strongly believe in personal development, creative democracy and collaboration in the workplace. Despite our hard work we always have time for fun, with a lively social scene both in and outside of the studio. We have a fully kitted out kitchen, sometimes cooking together at lunchtime and sharing freshly baked bread.
Our current premises, a former spice warehouse near Tower Bridge is situated amongst a hub of fellow creative enterprises, with Conran Architects across the road and the now former Design Museum next door. As we share our space with one of London’s top architectural art galleries, Anise Gallery, we also have wall to wall inspiration and invitations to Private View evenings.
Photoshop Artist/Matte Painter
Salary depends on experience, plus performance related bonus + benefits
AVR London have an exciting opportunity for a Photoshop Artist/Matte Painter to join its dynamic London-based studio of artists, visualisers and researchers based in a former spice warehouse along historic Shad Thames. AVR London have created iconic images for a wide variety of architects and developers since 2006, you will have the opportunity to work on projects led by some of the most prestigious names in architecture.
We pride ourselves on maintaining an all-embracing and open-minded environment where talent is nurtured and honed while entrusting creative responsibility to all of our employees. You will gain invaluable insights into the architectural visualisation industry, working in a varied environment which celebrates many different artistic styles across around 150 projects a year.
While always aiming to produce beautiful and captivating imagery, team culture and fun are also hugely important to us both in and outside of the studio. Sharing our space with one of London’s top architectural art galleries, Anise Gallery, we have frequent interaction and numerous well-respected events and exhibitions.
We’ve built a team of artists with backgrounds covering a wide span of the CGI industry, something we believe makes us better equipped to handle any type of project that may come our way. Whilst the core of the team has been architecturally trained, we are fortunate to utilise the skills of former digital animators, game designers, fine artists, and product designers too.
Essential Requirements for this role:
- A thorough knowledge of Photoshop, advanced retouching and digital painting techniques
- Demonstrable experience at the highest level of visualisation and a strong portfolio
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, perspective, depth, lighting and colour
- A mind for colour theory and grading
- Strong drawing skills
- Competence in compositing images with photo references and fitting 2D assets and 3D renders into scenes
- Using strong artistic skills to take on multiple projects as required, from receiving information through to completion
- Have a great eye for composition with a spatial understanding of buildings plus a good understanding of scale and compositional techniques
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise directly with clients on their requirements and any subsequent revisions
- Demonstrate good time management skills and ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines
- Be an excellent team player; someone who is proactive and able to work in an informed way, demonstrating initiative and contributing ideas
Desirable Requirements for the role:
- 3D modelling/rendering skills
- An architectural education
In order to be part of this ever-changing and innovative practice, please send an up-to-date CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Total email sizes should not exceed 8MB)
We will endeavour to reply to as many people as we can but this may not be possible depending on the volume of applicants.
No agencies or freelancers please. All applicants must have permission to work in the UK